wavwrite() with integer arguments

Matej Froebe

Hi everybody,

I need to write integer values to wav file, so I modified  the wavwrite function. Its behavior now depends on data input type (for floats the input data range is -1.0 to 1.0).

Does it make sense, to include this small change in the package? If yes, how do I proceed?

Matlab also behaves in a similar way, but with a possibility for integer values only for 8-, 16- and 24-bit wav files.

Matej

Re: wavwrite() with integer arguments

Juan Pablo Carbajal
On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 7:44 PM, Froebe, Matej
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>

> I need to write integer values to wav file, so I modified  the wavwrite
> function. Its behavior now depends on data input type (for floats the input
> data range is -1.0 to 1.0).
>

> Does it make sense, to include this small change in the package? If yes, how
> do I proceed?
>

> Matlab also behaves in a similar way, but with a possibility for integer
> values only for 8-, 16- and 24-bit wav files.
>

> Matej

Please upload your modified file here
https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/feature-requests/

or send a patch.

This will allow the interested to look at your code.

Cheers

--
M. Sc. Juan Pablo Carbajal
-----

Re: wavwrite() with integer arguments

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso-2

On 22 October 2012 13:44, Froebe, Matej <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I need to write integer values to wav file, so I modified  the wavwrite
> function. Its behavior now depends on data input type (for floats the input
> data range is -1.0 to 1.0).
>
> Does it make sense, to include this small change in the package? If yes, how
> do I proceed?

You have found the Octave Forge mailing list which is for add-on
packages to Octave, not for Octave itself. The wavwrite function is in
core Octave, so its modifications should be discussed on the
maintainers' list itself, [hidden email], CC'ed here.

As to how to actually produce the changes, show us what they are
first. If you have the desire to undertake the necessary paperwork to
get it accepted, please read these:

    http://jordi.inversethought.com/blog/how-to-write-a-patch-for-octave/
    http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Contributing-Guidelines.html