what happened to rand?

arthur blair
I just compiled octave 205. Now rand returns
octave:2> rand
error: `rand' undefined near line 2 column 1
error: evaluating expression near line 2, column 1
octave:2>

What happened to rand?
Thanx,
Art.

what happened to rand?

John W. Eaton-6
On 22-Mar-1997, arthur blair <[hidden email]> wrote:

| I just compiled octave 205. Now rand returns
| octave:2> rand
| error: `rand' undefined near line 2 column 1
| error: evaluating expression near line 2, column 1
| octave:2>
|
| What happened to rand?

It should still be there.  What options did you use when you
configured and compiled Octave?  Did you install it, or try to run it
in the same directory where it was compiled?  If the latter, and you
used --enable-lite-kernel, Octave won't be able to find the functions
defined in .m or .oct files until you install it (or set LOADPATH to
something other than the default).

jwe