which version

Rogers, Nathan, (Mr) (s221412581)
so i'm wanting to download Octave on Windows but i don't know which option to choose.
how would identify which bit(32 or 64) and then from that which option under that

Re: which version

mmuetzel
Am 17. März 2020 um 10:10 Uhr schrieb "Rogers, Nathan, (Mr) (s221412581)" schrieb:
> so i'm wanting to download Octave on Windows but i don't know which option to choose.
> how would identify which bit(32 or 64) and then from that which option under that

Most Windows systems should be 64bit now unless they are old or there are special reasons to use a 32bit OS.
To check which version you are running, you could right-click on the Start menu button, choose "System" from the menu and check under "System type".

If you don't know which version to download, you are probably best of to try the installer first.

HTH,
Markus

Re: which version

Andreas Weber-6
Am 17.03.20 um 10:10 schrieb Rogers, Nathan, (Mr) (s221412581):
> so i'm wanting to download Octave on Windows but i don't know which
> option to choose.
> how would identify which bit(32 or 64) and then from that which option
> under that

https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/download.html

You'll see: "Windows-64 (recommended)" and "Windows-32 (old computers)"

What else can we write to help users?
Do you have an old computer with 32bit CPU?

Then you can choose between an installer (this is what you might want)
or portable archives without installation (for example if you want to
carry GNU Octave on a USB stick)

-- Andy

Re: which version

Rogers, Nathan, (Mr) (s221412581)
Thank you!

so i'm wanting to download Octave on Windows but i don't know which option to choose.
how would identify which bit(32 or 64) and then from that which option under that

Re: which version

Rogers, Nathan, (Mr) (s221412581)
so i downloaded and installed but my Avast Antivirus flagged on of the .exe files.
.IDP.Generic