wiki

Carlo de Falco-2
Hi,

Anyone else experiencing problems with the wiki, lately?
Whenever I try to connect I get redirected to a page about an "internal server error" ...

c.

Re: wiki

bpabbott
Administrator

On Dec 27, 2012, at 2:08 PM, Carlo de Falco wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anyone else experiencing problems with the wiki, lately?
> Whenever I try to connect I get redirected to a page about an "internal server error" ...
>
> c.

I didn't have any problems for the last few days, and am able to access it now.

Ben

Re: wiki

Carlo de Falco-2

On 27 Dec 2012, at 21:05, Ben Abbott wrote:

> On Dec 27, 2012, at 2:08 PM, Carlo de Falco wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Anyone else experiencing problems with the wiki, lately?
>> Whenever I try to connect I get redirected to a page about an "internal server error" ...
>>
>> c.
>
> I didn't have any problems for the last few days, and am able to access it now.
>
> Ben

I still get redirected here:

http://wiki.octave.org/Internal_error.html

if I try to connect here:

http://wiki.octave.org/Main_Page

but I can now access some other pages correctly.

c.

Re: wiki

c.-2

On 27 Dec 2012, at 21:05, Ben Abbott wrote:

> On Dec 27, 2012, at 2:08 PM, Carlo de Falco wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Anyone else experiencing problems with the wiki, lately?
>> Whenever I try to connect I get redirected to a page about an "internal server error" ...
>>
>> c.
>
> I didn't have any problems for the last few days, and am able to access it now.
>
> Ben

I still get redirected here:

http://wiki.octave.org/Internal_error.html

if I try to connect here:

http://wiki.octave.org/Main_Page

but I can now access some other pages correctly.

c.

Re: wiki

bpabbott
On Dec 27, 2012, at 3:15 PM, Carlo de Falco wrote:

> On 27 Dec 2012, at 21:05, Ben Abbott wrote:
>
>> On Dec 27, 2012, at 2:08 PM, Carlo de Falco wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Anyone else experiencing problems with the wiki, lately?
>>> Whenever I try to connect I get redirected to a page about an "internal server error" ...
>>>
>>> c.
>>
>> I didn't have any problems for the last few days, and am able to access it now.
>>
>> Ben
>
> I still get redirected here:
>
> http://wiki.octave.org/Internal_error.html
>
> if I try to connect here:
>
> http://wiki.octave.org/Main_Page
>
> but I can now access some other pages correctly.
>
> c.

Weird.  The Main_Page link works for me.

Ben

Re: wiki

Daniel Sebald
On 12/27/2012 02:23 PM, c. wrote:

> On 27 Dec 2012, at 21:05, Ben Abbott wrote:
>

>> On Dec 27, 2012, at 2:08 PM, Carlo de Falco wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Anyone else experiencing problems with the wiki, lately?
>>> Whenever I try to connect I get redirected to a page about an "internal server error" ...
>>>
>>> c.
>>
>> I didn't have any problems for the last few days, and am able to access it now.
>>
>> Ben
>
> I still get redirected here:
>
> http://wiki.octave.org/Internal_error.html
>
> if I try to connect here:
>
> http://wiki.octave.org/Main_Page
>
> but I can now access some other pages correctly.

The Wiki is viewable by my browser without problems.  There is a list of
common errors and solutions here:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Errors_and_Symptoms

Look through there to see if there is something similar.  The only thing
that comes to mind immediately is SELinux issues.

Dan

Re: wiki

Daniel Sebald
On 12/27/2012 03:03 PM, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

> On 12/27/2012 02:23 PM, c. wrote:

>>> I didn't have any problems for the last few days, and am able to
>>> access it now.
>>>
>>> Ben
>>
>> I still get redirected here:
>>
>> http://wiki.octave.org/Internal_error.html
>>
>> if I try to connect here:
>>
>> http://wiki.octave.org/Main_Page
>>
>> but I can now access some other pages correctly.
>

> The Wiki is viewable by my browser without problems. There is a list of
> common errors and solutions here:
>
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Errors_and_Symptoms
>
> Look through there to see if there is something similar. The only thing
> that comes to mind immediately is SELinux issues.

If you are able to download (perhaps partially) the Main Page and save
the page source as text, one of us could send you the page source for
comparison.  Maybe that would indicate some part of the page that is
failing.

Dan

Re: wiki

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso-2
On 27 December 2012 14:08, Carlo de Falco <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Anyone else experiencing problems with the wiki, lately?
> Whenever I try to connect I get redirected to a page about an "internal server error" ...

Yeah, the wiki is under heavy load. We might need more computing power
to host it. Alternatively, if we could get someone gracious enough to
help me with MySQL tuning, perhaps there is something we can fix with
the current hosting.

- Jordi G. H.