win32, automation, and octave

Scott Kell
Hi,

Does the Win32 version of Octave support OLE Automation?  If not, is someone
working on it?

thanks
scott

Scott Kell
Senior Engineer
Sparta, Inc
5511 Capital Center Drive      Voice: 919-859-4565
Suite 390                      Fax:   919-859-1098
Raleigh, NC 27606              Email: [hidden email]

win32, automation, and octave

John W. Eaton-6
On 26-May-1999, Scott Kell <[hidden email]> wrote:

| Does the Win32 version of Octave support OLE Automation?  If not, is someone
| working on it?

Sorry, I have no idea what OLE Automation is.

Also, I have little interest in working on the Windows port of
Octave myself, so it is low on my list of priorities.  However, my
list of priorities could change given sufficient funding.

Or, if someone is interested, motivated, and qualified (i.e., I can't
hold your hand every step of the way) to maintain and enhance the
Windows port, I'd be happy to work with you.

Re: win32, automation, and octave

Jim Van Zandt-2

   On 26-May-1999, Scott Kell <[hidden email]> wrote:

   | Does the Win32 version of Octave support OLE Automation?  If not,
   | is someone working on it?

Well, gnuplot can generate a CGM file which MSOffice apps can import.
Maybe they can be imported by means of a link?

                        - Jim Van Zandt

p.s. I wrote gnuplot's CGM terminal.  If you have trouble with it, let
me know.  However, be advised that the MSOffice cgm input filter is
pretty feeble.