windows 98 installation

Daniel Pulido
to all,

does anyone have detailed instructions on how to
install ocatave on windows 98, including the gnu
plotter. i think i have the complete binary
distriution.

thanks
dan

===

windows 98 installation

John W. Eaton-6
On 16-May-1999, Daniel Pulido <[hidden email]> wrote:

| does anyone have detailed instructions on how to
| install ocatave on windows 98, including the gnu
| plotter. i think i have the complete binary
| distriution.

The file

 ftp://ftp.che.wisc.edu/pub/octave/BINARIES/gnu-win32/README.gnu-win32-install

is my best effort.  Although I tried to make it as brain-dead
step-by-step as possible, some people have said that it is not
complete, or that it is hard to follow.  If anyone thinks they can do
better, please send diffs (or a complete rewrite, if you think that is
what it takes).  I no longer have easy access to a system running
Windows, so it is difficult for me to improve on it.

jwe