write empty cell in excel

Octave - General mailing list
write empty on excel

hi,

g(1)=1
g(2)=2
g(3)=NaN
g(4)=4

i try write empty element(NaN) in excel but i get value "65535"

how can i write empty cell in excel?

:(

Re: write empty cell in excel

nrjank

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 18:52 gigiolone123 via Help list for GNU Octave <[hidden email]> wrote:
write empty on excel

hi,

g(1)=1
g(2)=2
g(3)=NaN
g(4)=4

i try write empty element(NaN) in excel but i get value "65535"

how can i write empty cell in excel?

A bug report related to was filed at

There is some discission there that might be helpful depending on what version of octave, can you us NA instead of NAN, which package you have loaded, etc. this should be fixed in a future octave release.

Re: write empty cell in excel

PhilipNienhuis
nrjank wrote
> On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 18:52 gigiolone123 via Help list for GNU Octave <

> help-octave@

>> wrote:
>
>> write empty on excel
>>
>> hi,
>>
>> g(1)=1
>> g(2)=2
>> g(3)=NaN
>> g(4)=4
>>
>> i try write empty element(NaN) in excel but i get value "65535"
>>
>> how can i write empty cell in excel?
>>

> A bug report related to was filed at
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?56373

And see bug 56375, https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?56375.

These bugs got fixed in io-2.4.13 (just released). So try to upgrade your
installed io package to 2.4.13.

philip

Re: write empty cell in excel

Octave - General mailing list
hi,
in main i load this package :

pkg load windows  % queste 2 RIGHE SCRIVONO NEI FOGLIO EXCEL
pkg load io
pkg load nan

how can i upgrade this package to 2.4.13.?

thank you

Re: write empty cell in excel

PhilipNienhuis
Octave - General mailing list wrote
> hi,
> in main i load this package :
>
> pkg load windows  % queste 2 RIGHE SCRIVONO NEI FOGLIO EXCEL
> pkg load io
> pkg load nan
>
> how can i upgrade this package to 2.4.13.?

Along the lines of:

pkg unload io;   ## unload the package
clear -f;          ## needed to also unload io's binary functions from
memory, otherwise
                     ## it won't uninstall completely
pkg uninstall -nodeps io;  ##  Not really needed, but doesn't harm
pkg install -forge -verbose io  ; ## Install new io from the web
pkg load io

Philip

Re: write empty cell in excel

Octave - General mailing list
hi,
i try it but a receive this error:

warning: xlsclose: file c:/Titan/results/Equity/TitanStudioEquity.xlsx could
not be saved.
         Read-only? unsupported file format? in use elsewhere?

(before i check that all .xsl was closed )

Re: write empty cell in excel

Octave - General mailing list

Re: write empty cell in excel

nrjank

LOn Sun, Oct 27, 2019, 8:21 AM gigiolone123 via Help list for GNU Octave <[hidden email]> wrote

https://gyazo.com/065ffc21d268df78e95b37e34cd07f37

https://gyazo.com/f713449356697a2a76a4afa91fb2c7bc

What are those links? I don't think anyone is going to follow a random URL that doesn't provide any indication of where it leads.

Re: write empty cell in excel

Octave - General mailing list
ok i write all problem

i've do the following instruction:

pkg unload io;   ## unload the package
clear -f;          ## needed to also unload io's binary functions from
memory, otherwise
                     ## it won't uninstall completely
pkg uninstall -nodeps io;  ##  Not really needed, but doesn't harm
pkg install -forge -verbose io  ; ## Install new io from the web
pkg load io

after i esecute my code :
(in my code this is the following rows:

strCompletaData0=TitanTrovaStringExcel(1,1,ty,columns(str1));
strCompletaTitoli=TitanTrovaStringExcel(riga+ty+1,colonna,rows(newNomeEquity),columns(newNomeEquity));
strCompletaData=TitanTrovaStringExcel(riga+ty+5,colonna,rows(stringg),columns(stringg));
strCompletaNum=TitanTrovaStringExcel(riga+ty+5,colonna+2,rows(matrixx),columns(matrixx));

rstatus=xlswrite(nomeFileExcel,str1,nomeFoglio,strCompletaData0);
rstatus=xlswrite(nomeFileExcel,newNomeEquity,nomeFoglio,strCompletaTitoli);
rstatus=xlswrite(nomeFileExcel,stringg,nomeFoglio,strCompletaData);
rstatus=xlswrite(nomeFileExcel,matrixx,nomeFoglio,strCompletaNum);

with this rows i write on excel

the octave give me following error:

warning: delete: no such file:
c:/Titan/results/Equity/TitanStudioEquity.xlsx
warning: called from
    delete at line 47 column 9
    TitanWriteExcel4 at line 112 column 7
    TitanPrintEquity at line 10 column 1
    PredatorVectorized at line 653 column 1
warning: xlsclose: file c:/Titan/results/Equity/TitanStudioEquity.xlsx could
not be saved.
         Read-only? unsupported file format? in use elsewhere?
(File pointer preserved.
 Try saving again later, or with different file name, or as different file
type.)
> [...]

> could
> not be saved.
>          Read-only? unsupported file format? in use elsewhere?
> (File pointer preserved.
>  Try saving again later, or with different file name, or as different file
> type.)
> warning: xlsclose: file c:/Titan/results/Equity/TitanStudioEquity.xlsx
> could
> not be saved.
>          Read-only? unsupported file format? in use elsewhere?
> (File pointer preserved.
>  Try saving again later, or with different file name, or as different file
> type.)
> warning: xlsclose: file c:/Titan/results/Equity/TitanStudioEquity.xlsx
> could
> not be saved.
>          Read-only? unsupported file format? in use elsewhere?

IMO the error messages are clear enough.
I suppose you have the file opened in some other program as well (Excel?);
that other program will keep the file locked.

But to your credit, this may very well be caused by earlier errors. It's
known that with the COM interface, zombie Excel invocations may linger on
after hitting errors; one of those may easily keep your .xlsx file
locked.The issue is, you can't see them - not just like that.
Solution for that:
Right-click the Windows task bar, select "Task manager", in "Processes" tab
search for, and right-click + select "End process", all EXCEL.EXE
invocations you see.

If all this doesn't work, reboot (the classic Windows solve-it-all action).

Philip