xcorr

Thomas Hoffmann-3
Maybe this belongs to the bugs list or not to an Octave ("kernel") list at all:

The contributed script xcorr.m (in a subdir "imagep") can only process vectors, when
given to it two non-string parameters. For that it checks

if (is_matrix(x) || is_matrix(y))
      error("Only vectors are supported, use xcorr2 for matrix correlation");
    end

Shouldn't that read "!is_vector(x)" instead of "is_matrix(x)", simply because a
vector is a (special) matrix, too?

Th. Hoffmann

xcorr

John W. Eaton-6
On 24-Nov-1997, Thomas Hoffmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

| Maybe this belongs to the bugs list or not to an Octave ("kernel")
| list at all:
|
| The contributed script xcorr.m (in a subdir "imagep") can only
| process vectors, when given to it two non-string parameters. For
| that it checks
|
| if (is_matrix(x) || is_matrix(y))
|       error("Only vectors are supported, use xcorr2 for matrix correlation");
|     end
|
| Shouldn't that read "!is_vector(x)" instead of "is_matrix(x)",
| simply because a vector is a (special) matrix, too?

Yes, it probably should use some other test.  You should probably
contact the author of the file in question.  I don't think xcorr is
distributed with Octave.

jwe